What is a Spiritual Director?
A Companion to Help You
Live Authentically • Connect with God • Grow Spiritually
Notice God’s Activity
Discern Life Giving Decisions
Deeply Savor God’s Love
Are You At A Turning Point In Your Spiritual Life?
- Are you ready to deeply explore your experiences of God?
- Do you long to discover your purpose and calling?
- Is it time to cultivate a new spiritual practice?
- Are you struggling to make a life decision?
- Do you need a safe space to share your joys, fears, desires, or struggles?
- Are past wounds keeping you from moving ahead?
A person seeking spiritual direction has a “cultivated awareness that God has been working diligently, redemptively, and strategically before I appeared on the scene, before I was aware there was something here for me to do.”
Surely the Lord is in this place,
but I did not realize it!
Jacob in Genesis 28:16
The heart is deep, mysterious, and vulnerable.
Who can understand it?
I, God, search the heart and examine the deepest emotions.
The ways in which God may be leading and inviting you.
and explore a deeper, heart relationship with your God.
Walk your journey of faith with meaning and integrity.
About Donna, Your Spiritual Director
I’ve been in church since my conversion in 10th grade. I’ve seen the beauty of Jesus’s body caring in love, and like most folks, I have a few scars, too. I began a reconstruction of my own faith about ten years ago, and came out the other side renewed in my faith by God’s grace and the Spirit’s patient counsel.
In the midst of my reconstruction I was introduced to the contemplative areas of Christianity through authors like Dallas Willard and Gerald May, whose books joined other favorites in my bookshelf (like C.S. Lewis, Vance Havner, Madeline L’Engle, to name a few.) I learned about things like spiritual formation, walking labyrinths, centering prayer, and Ignatian spirituality.
- I’m a graduate of the Audire program for spiritual direction and a member ESDA and Spiritual Directors International.
- I attend a credally orthodox, non-denominational church.
- I graduated from Ethnos360 Bible Institute.
- I have a BA from the University of Central Florida (Interdisciplinary/Liberal Arts: Fine Art and Computer Programming, English Writing minor).
- I am a curious creative who enjoys making art with things and words.
- I visit and ride horses when I can and garden when the weather is favorable.
- I write a blog here at Living Selah.
- I’m passionate about helping people discover and live fully into their true selves.
- I’m a personality geek who loves learning and talking about the MBTI, Enneagram, Strengths Finder and #alltheways of understanding the mystery of who we are.
- I love creating photo/text graphics of quotes and scripture that I share on Instagram.
My Approach To Direction
I practice spiritual direction in the contemplative – evocative method. This approach to spiritual direction values open-ended questions and offers invitations to deeper reflection and noticing during the time of direction.
The focus Of Spiritual Direction is two-fold. First, it is spiritual, and is therefore different from counseling, therapy, coaching or mentoring. Secondly, spiritual direction acknowledges that the Holy Spirit is the director.